Saturday, November 1, 2008

One Down, Two to Go

I finished the cabled coffee cuffs for my co-workers. (Say that five times fast.) I still have Item A and Item B for family to work on; I'm thinking of the cuffs as one knitting project. They're blocking right now, giving the cats something interesting to crawl on (the blocking board) and to sniff (the cuffs).

I sent an exploratory email to a friend who seems to have inexplicably stopped speaking to me. Honestly I don't know what I did, and I'm not expecting a response, but I feel a sense of relief in having finally said something.

It poured with rain earlier today, which was nice. I ran some errands, which rinsed the car off quite nicely.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to try my hand at making challah; a simple-sounding recipe from my Jesuit breadmaking book. I also need to make the frosting for the espresso brownies I'm taking to a friend's on election night (will make the brownies Monday night). I am so nervous about the election. I know if I were a Republican I'd be depressed and hopeless right now, so since I'm not one I take heart in that. But anything can (and sometimes does) happen, and it could all go to hell in a handbasket in nothing flat. I will just be so glad when it's over.

Now I need to go fetch the laundry I think someone just took out of the dryer, and get cracking on the rest of the Christmas knitting.

No comments: