Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Stiff Upper Lip Redux

JAY-sus.

The erstwhile friend was so unbelievably rude to me today that the person who witnessed it was utterly gobsmacked.

I just started laughing because there is nothing else to do. I could cry, punch him, or laugh. So I go with Door #3. In addition to the battle of sorrow, fury, and twisted humor, there is also the feeling that this is very, very creepy. Like... what on earth happened to this person to turn him not only into someone who is not my friend any longer, but who has become a rude, graceless stranger? In a way, it's almost scary.

But mostly, sad, infuriating, and bizarrely funny. I could make him miserable by positioning myself into all his conversations... I won't, but the thought of how unhappy that would make him does make me chuckle a bit.

The one thing I really don't like is that this is going to be part of my history for the rest of my life. There will always be that good friend who was abducted by body snatchers and replaced with a jerk, and I will never know how it happened. At this point, I don't even want to know anymore, really.

No comments: