Friday, March 6, 2009

Today in Lenten Dorkitude

One Friday in Lent last year I stopped by the pizza place next to my mailbox. They had pepperoni personal pizzas, and this time I forgot it was Friday and I ate it without removing the pepperoni. This year I said several times I wasn't going to forget the day of the week again. (Especially since -- how can you miss Fridays?)

Well, I remembered it was Friday when I was already in the drive-through for my chicken strips. Gah!

I ate the French fries and drank the soda and put the chicken strips in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch.

How can I keep forgetting? I don't even eat much meat!

I am also commmmmmmmmmmpletely out of patience. I am having a hard time at work because the quotient of questions that nonplus me is ratcheting up. I've had to actually hold onto the tiny crucifix and Miraculous Medal I've been wearing to remind myself to be polite -- even then, I think the controlled quiet modulation of my voice doesn't sound particularly cheerful.

Sigh!

No comments: