Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gearing Up

Another Sunday night!

I did do the heel on the thrummed sock, but I skipped the thrums for that part. I had to improvise the heel a bit because the directions were a) written for a sock knit on a small circ rather than DPNs and b) not very clear/detailed. Post-heel, I began thrumming again, but the pattern got off a bit. I decided it was no biggie. They're bed socks, they're for me, and only some of the thrums are actually showing through. It's not like they're white thrums on a dark background or anything. They're purple thrums on a variegated purple/teal/gold background.

They will be comfy.

I'm letting my hair dry, about to finish a round of the cashmere birthday cowl, and then go to bed. I always have trouble sleeping on Sunday nights, due to sleeping in in the morning and generalized anxiety. I've been waking up with large doses of anxiety lately and that makes going to sleep fraught with some trepidation as well.

But you can't really get around it. I need to get some more milk and start having my hot vanilla milk before bed again.

Tonight, though, just a quick knit and hopefully a peaceful night.

No comments: