Friday, December 12, 2008

Full Moon

But thankfully it wasn't too insane at work today -- at least the people I dealt with weren't. I did so much today, though, I'm even surprised and pleased it's all finished. Whew.

After my nightly love-fest with Rachel Maddow, I mixed up some of Nigella Lawson's Coffee and Walnut Splodge Cookies (she has such homey-evocative names). The dough is good; the first batch is baking. I am having a friend over for tea Sunday and I have to feed the parish council Monday night, so this will be a baking weekend. I'm going to make spice cookies, oatmeal cookies, and probably some kind of quick bread.

Also, I'm knitting something for my shop steward, to cheer her up and thank her for a job I could never, ever do. Since joining Ravelry, I've knitted up a storm. I know I spend time there when I could be knitting or cooking or spinning or whatever, but I've still gotten much more done in the last couple of months than in the preceding year!

Cookies calling.

ETA: The cookies are not sweet. I made them as the recipe directs, but they need at least another half cup of sugar or maybe some chocolate chips. I'll eat them myself but I wouldn't share them as is, unfortunately. (At least I thought I made them as the recipe directs. I may have another look to see if I left out something sweet!)

No comments: