Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wow

So, among other wonderful Christmas gifts, my nephews got me this. I can't wait to make a batch of jam in it.

Many fun books to peruse, a couple of seasons of Scrubs, an extra standalone burner also for jam-making, some new kitchen cupboard pulls to replace the ones I dislike, a handmade yoga mat bag (and a small bag, made by the same person, that's going to become my lunch tote), and other cool things. More details and pix tomorrow -- which is going to be a day of snoozing, reading, TV, brunch-making, kitty-cuddling, knitting, and general decadence. And better light for pictures, I hope, although it's raining.

My knitted items went over well.





Middle sister's cowl.



Oldest sister's scarf.



The scarf's stitch pattern.

I loved making this especially because each row was the same, so I could watch TV and not look at any pattern. The cowl was fairly simple, too, although the increase round was hard on my hands -- knitting into the stitch below was physically difficult for me. Thankfully it only happens three times in this pattern. I made another one in red for a friend of mine, so I managed to soldier through the round six whole times. LOL.

And now to bed with some of my books!

No comments: