Saturday, June 6, 2009

One of Them

Yesterday, at Trader Joe's, I was one of the people who drive me nuts there. The location closest to home is set up totally differently from the one I normally go to, which is closer to work. I was searching for the garlic pesto. It was not where it "should" have been.

One guy had to ask me to move. One other just stood there with his cart and glowered until I did.

I found the pesto. And realized I'd been doing the "gawping tourist in Trader Joe's" thing... or at least seemed to. Oops.

I did, however, get all my grocery shopping done, then went to confession during an hour of Adoration at a nearby (not my) church. I still get so nervous before I go. I wonder if it would be different if a) I could come up with some new sins this time and/or b) I'd been raised Catholic and had been doing this since I was a kid.

They prayed the Divine Mercy chaplet at 3. I have never prayed this with a group before and I liked it.

I spent the evening drinking beer (!)* and having pizza with some friends from grade/high school in the backyard of one of their parents' house. This is a neighborhood in which I could never dream of living, either as a child or now (especially). So it was nice but it was also kind of wistful. I'd give my right arm for that kitchen!

There we go. I have a new sin for confession next time -- kitchen envy.

*I don't normally drink beer. I can't remember the last full bottle I've drunk before last night.

No comments: