Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dreams

I've noticed I repeatedly dream about the same things. I know they say you're not really dreaming about what you're dreaming about, but: I dream about houses (or big, architecturally interesting apartments), travel, cars whose brakes work but not well, and dorms.

Houses: I've only ever lived in two. One was when I was very young and the other was very small. I have always longed for a Victorian a la those my schoolmates lived in. Or something equally sized. My dreams usually have houses with interesting floor plans, and with those kind of back hallways and extra sets of stairs my childhood friends' houses had, exaggerated to dream level.

Apartments: Have lived in two interesting ones -- one was the top floor of a Victorian. I have lived for 11 years in a boring 1969 box, though. So interesting apartment dreams piggyback on my house dreams.

Travel: Love it, have not done nearly enough. Most of my travel dreams involve travel delayed or denied -- like being at the airport but unable to board a flight.

Cars with Bad Brakes: Dunno, except it annoys me when people brake so close that I can't see the tires of the car in front of us.

Dorms: I went to three colleges. At two of them, almost everyone lived on campus and I lived at home. At the third, almost no one lived on campus and I did. At the college I got my degree from, most of the dorms were old, gorgeous, gracious buildings I'd've given my right AND left arms to live in, in addition to the fact that everything there revolved around your residence hall. I'm still mourning that, apparently, because at least once or twice a month I have dreams about living in a dorm.

I wish I could move on, because I'm kinda tired of these dreams.

No comments: