Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter Cleaning

Or clean-out, really.

I am down to three storage boxes at my aunt's, which is good. I also found the book from my grandmother's funeral (she died when I was 18 months old). I found out she was also a Gemini (I don't think I knew her birthday before) as well as the church where the funeral Mass was held and at what cemetery she's buried. Since all her family is gone but me I had no one to ask. There was also a list of all her seven siblings. I knew a couple of their names (the girls), but not really the boys. It listed her parents only as "born in Canada" so I'm glad I knew they were from Sydney, Nova Scotia. I was told she herself was born in San Francisco but it only noted she was born in California. But I'm glad to have all the names and to have the Canadian stuff corroborated by independent evidence.

So that's cool.

I'm looking forward to getting my teapot Monday and coming home to christen it. I've ordered some new loose teas, although I could also go over to L'Amyx and get some. I have some of their black ginger tea and I like it, along with Peets' Winter Solstice. I like black teas with flavoring, usually something spicy, though I want to try maple tea. I was going to order some today and decided I'd wait and not be quite so splurgy. I've bought enough stuff lately!

I love peppermint but hate herb teas/tisanes. I'm wondering if you could just blend some peppermint herb tea into a standard black one. Hmmm.

No comments: