Friday, January 9, 2009

That Was a Week...

... in which my only other close coworker nearly got laid off (but didn't). In which I spent my entire Friday, skipping my lunch and one of my breaks, to work on a last-minute project that is now about 3/4 done but should have been done by COB. In which I knit little, ate much, and definitely decided that a glass of sherry in the evenings is just the ticket.

And my electricity bill was only $80! I'd budgeted $200. This means (taa daa!) that I can buy a new bra. Actually I need a few, but I'm trying one out. When you have a cup size near the middle of the alphabet, you don't go to Macy's (in Hilo or elsewhere) or any other department or lingerie store and check out a selection of frothy dainties in a range of prices.

No.

You get online and select from a small collection of boringly colored industrial strength cantilevers.

So you have to wait for the contraption to appear before you know if you want to buy more. They're always stiff and scratchy at first, too. Bleagh. This one has a support back, which is good. I find that even with straps sewn shorter, my bras never hold me up for long. I keep thinking I need them weighted in back or something! Maybe the presence of extra bra in the back will help.

(BTW this also means you don't ever go out of town without a backup bra, because unless you're going to NYC, you are never going to find a replacement at your destination.)

I would give a lot to be flat-chested. Even if I were thin, I would not be flat-chested. I wore a bra when I was eight. Sigh.

Anyway. Help may be on the way. We'll see.

Meanwhile, turning the heater on (because I can!) and knitting now.

Oh -- I first noticed this in my freshman year of college. In January there is always a day when I feel spring in the air, even if it's still cool or even cold. Today was the day. That's a good thing.

No comments: