Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

2008 wasn't the worst year of my life (that would have been 2002), but it certainly won no prizes except for the election!

OK, that's a biggie.

It's still bloody cold here by our standards and I've been taking numerous hot baths because I don't pay for water but I do pay for electricity. I know in eight months or so I will be whining about the heat. I was thinking today that although I've always hankered after living in the Northeast, I don't know if I could handle the wild swings in weather, from snow in the winter to blazing heat and humidity in the summer. I like our more subtle seasons (which we do have; they just don't bludgeon you.)

Having said that, I'd like a white Christmas one year. Preferably in, say, Europe. ;-)

I have numerous emails I need and want to return but need to get my thoughts together, an apartment I should clean up, hated dishes to do, and a scarf I need to knit. This is the last knit-for-someone-else project on my list, and after that I should be able to have some fun. The scarf in question is an Irish Hiking Scarf, and I'm using Fiesta Boomerang in Moulin Rouge. I'm having to go down from a size 8 needle (recommended on the pattern, the yarn, and by the one Ravelry user I found who used this yarn for this scarf) to a 4 in order to get a non-lacy fabric. I'm a loose knitter but this is crazy. I posted something on Ravelry about it but haven't gotten a reply.

I'll get back to that tonight. I think I'll queue up the last DVD in the first season of Scrubs and knit away. Although I had a dream last night that included the entire cast, so that might not be so good. I slept very late, and the later I sleep the weirder my dreams are.

Meanwhile, going out for coffee with a friend, and then coming back here and making myself straighten up. My kingdom for a dishwasher....

No comments: