Saturday, October 4, 2008

Feast Day

It's St. Francis' feast day, so it's one of my name days. I announced to the cats that it was the feast day of one of my patron saints, and theirs too. They were not particularly interested.

Been knitting, frogging, knitting.... Mostly it's been on Christmas stuff while I await the arrival of my extra skein of alpaca-silk for my own scarf. It's been a long time, but feels good, to be on deadline knitting. I don't work well under grave pressure but a deadline is a good thing. I like to have a goal.

Mass tonight, so I can sleep in again tomorrow. I did bail on the birding outing... I just don't feel comfortable with them. It's all me, I admit it freely! Also, I was exhausted at the end of this week. It was great so sleep until 10.

Tomorrow is a family BBQ and I'd better get my socks started so I have some knitting to bring! Since the recipients of the two other projects will be there, I can't exactly whip them out.

And now to straighten up round here. Such excitement!

No comments: