Tuesday, February 10, 2009

And the Debit Card...

...I am not sure why it got refused by the Australian Red Cross, but apparently the fact that I tried to donate to them made the fraud unit put a hold on my card.

WTF???

Also, they said they tried to call me at the number I haven't had for almost three years, and they did not call my cell phone number, which my online profile says IS the number they will call to contact me regarding my account. And which you think they'd have used if they couldn't get me on the other number.

The bank got a tensely polite email summary of all this this evening (including a "what about donating to an international charity in a country undergoing a tragedy set off a fraud alert?!"), after I'd gotten off the phone with the human being I finally contacted by first selecting the "lost or stolen card" option, since that was the only one that got me a CSR. That CSR connected me to the fraud unit. I agree, I hate talking on the phone and would rather conduct any and all business whatsoever via email, but in this case I had to talk to someone. Could they have made it any harder?

OK, rant over!

No comments: