Friday, February 6, 2009

Pajama Party of One

Back when I was married, one of the things my husband and I did that I really enjoyed was that some nights we'd come home, take our showers right away (we were night showerers -- I still am -- because I want to go to bed clean and with shaven legs, and I'd rather sleep than do anything in the morning), get into our sweats/jammies, and go to bed early. But not really bed, more like a slumber party. We'd sit on the bed, watch TV, have dinner there.

I'm kinda doing that tonight. I had a quick dinner, watched Rachel Maddow, and just got out of the shower (it's 8:30ish). I'm sitting on my bed and about to start a new knitting project -- finally going to tackle the thrummed sock kit my sister got me 18 months ago. Tomorrow I'm going to start the uber-intimidating Sipalu bag, now that I have found a provisional cast-on I think I can do, and I've finished the Scarf of Obligation (pictures once it's dried). I'm too tired to start it tonight!

My apartment is a bit of a mess, and I'm vacillating between minding it and wondering if I mind it just because I should mind it, and whether I should just relax and not worry and enjoy one of the perks of living alone! Eh, I'll think about it tomorrow...

No comments: