Thursday, September 4, 2008

All Over the (Virtual) Map... Literally

Originally posted August 31, 2008

So I started out having a knitting blog way back when, but honestly... I'm not that great a knitter. I think I'd be better if I knew some knitters in real life, and I'd like to be a great knitter, but I'm not. At the moment I am tussling with, I kid you not, a dishcloth and sock.

I also love to cook, bake, and make jam, but I'm no Clotilde. (Although, at the moment I have thick-cut pork chops and garlic in the oven and am looking forward to dinner.) And as I thought through my various interests and pastimes, I realized that although I love to write and often want to, and I miss the community I was a part of when I blogged before, I'm not laser-focused on any one thing.

I've always been a bit scattershot and a daydreamer. This is both a pleasant thing (it's harder to get bored and if I have a book with me I'm fine no matter where I am) and a detriment (I am very unhappy in a job that I just fell into, rather than having a career I enjoy and I have not managed to become a great {fill in the blank}).

Ed note: I am going to refrain from talking about my job as much as possible, both for reasons of justified paranoia and for the simple reason that once I walk out that door at the end of the day, I don't want to think about it again. I am hoping there will come a day when I have a job that doesn't fall under this edict o'silence.

So for now, I am simply going to write as the spirit moves me, about what intrigues or infuriates me on that day, and other than avoiding discussing work, I'm not going to constrain myself to any one topic. I think it will be more fun that way.

No comments: