Saturday, September 20, 2008

Heel, Chess, Dinner

I'm up to the turning point of the heel, and I think I will leave it for tomorrow, when I will have basically a lovely stretch of solitude and quiet. Not that turning a heel is rocket science, even for me, but I do have to pay attention, and I like to get it all done in one go.

I think I'm going to use this very basic sock pattern to knit up all of my multicolored sock yarn. By that point I should have the hang of it enough to use my solid yarn for something more interesting. I've made socks before, but slowly, and not in quick succession. I need to make it all sort of second nature.

I was looking at online chess sites. I used to play chess with my mom when I was in middle school, but haven't played in nearly 30 years. I think it would be good for my brain, and also it would be cool to find someone to play with in person, although I'd like to do a lot of practice against a computer first. I do have a chess set in the closet, so it would be doable.

Tonight I'm having folks over for dinner around 7. I'm a bit stressed, because I haven't done this in awhile, but I'm sure it will be fine. Especially after a few glasses of wine. :-) In a couple of weeks I'm supposed to be having just one friend over for dinner (fewer nerves for that!) and I'll be feeding him Nigella Lawson's coq a reisling. Tonight's dinner, though, is a pre-marinated pork roast from Nob Hill. I'm cheating.

No comments: