Saturday, September 27, 2008

This is How it Goes

Ah, my knitting dorkitude.

I'm sure if I videoed myself, I'd be able to go, "Aha! See, that's where I screwed it up!"

So I decided to just use a very plain, simple mesh stitch to make myself a light scarf out of the grey alpaca-silk I have. I only have two skeins, so need something airy, and I'm usually warm, so nothing too hefty anyway.

It's just p1, yo, p2tog, repeat, end p1. Hard? No. Can I execute purls and yarnovers? Yes I can.

I did a trial run that basically served as a swatch, and I thought it was a little wide, but at least I wasn't ending up with too few or too many stitches. So I cast on ten fewer stitches, did a two-row garter border, and then did my first row of the revised edition.

And had one too few stitches at the end of it.

Argh.

I'm taking a break to stretch and have some coffee, and then I'm getting back to it, damnit. I will not let a four-stitch pattern defeat me.

No comments: