Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kiwi Daquiri Jam

Originally published September 1, 2008

I can't seem to get the color right... it's a brighter, prettier green. :-)





What was left in my Dutch oven was quite yummy, and it was starting to gel. The canned stuff still seems pretty liquid, but I'm not going to worry til tomorrow night. I've reboiled and rejarred in the same evening before, and ended up with butter. Which is fine, but with only two pints, I can't screw around much here. It has a whole package of pectin in it, so it really should be fine. I know you're supposed to wait 24 hours to see the full gel. I just need to chill.

Recipe is here. I used bottled lime juice because it was cheaper (sad but true), and some spiced rum because I didn't have any and the friend I "borrowed" four tablespoons from had only the spiced variety. It seems like it didn't make much difference!

No comments: