Saturday, September 27, 2008

Weight Mystery

Somehow, even though I have been slack in my walking and very uneven in battling my ravenous hours, I managed to lose a few ounces since my last weigh-in. So, not exciting in the weight-loss way, but I am pretty amazed that I haven't gained anything back.

I think the reason lies somewhere around the fact that I used to eat an incredible amount of food (sating that ravenous hunger always), so even eating a somewhat-larger-than-is-perhaps-advised amount of food is still quite an improvement.

Weird dreams last night... that I lived in an apartment that had a sleeping porch a la some of the dorms at my college -- they had no glass windows you could close, just blinds that could be drawn down over the open half -- and one of my cats jumped out to a bad end. Then I was at a Catholic wedding at a Buddhist temple (?); I'd never met the bride, who was the friend of a friend, but I was a bridesmaid in a dress reminiscent of one I wore in my middle sister's wedding nearly thirty years ago. They had brought in a tabernacle, which was a low, heavy, glazed-ceramic box, and my friend and I went and bowed before it, attracting some attention from the Buddhists. We won some sort of scavenger hunt contest and the bride brought us champagne. Apparently the groom owned the building from which my cat had jumped and was actually some kind of playboy who shouldn't have been getting married, and some guy showed me a large bag of pot he was carrying.

This is what happens when I sleep too late.

No comments: