Friday, September 26, 2008

Meant to Fake a Frittata

to use up various things in the kitchen.

Of course, when I got home, I found that I had no eggs to use up. So I ran down to Safeway while I defrosted spinach and bacon. Came back, cooked bacon, sauteed garlic and onions, beat six eggs with salt and pepper, and threw the whole lot in together.

It became a scramble, because, never having made anything like this in this pan, I didn't realize said pan would probably make a 12-egg frittata, but not a 6-egg one. Way too big!

However, as a scramble it was fine. More salt and pepper next time, and possibly cheese... I figured it was bad enough for me as it was.

It did use up an onion, a head of garlic, a package of frozen spinach and some frozen leftover bacon. Quite filling and enough for two more meals.

Off to knit. I'm alternating the green Koigu sock with a scarf in grey alpaca-silk. I need to settle down and get something done!

No comments: