Saturday, September 27, 2008

So Cool

I'm living vicariously. How very cool. She also gets to own the queen of disapproving bunnies.

My birding class starts Wednesday. I know it's a tiny baby step sort of thing, but I'm really excited. I love any kind of class, I'm excited to learn about this (it's hard for me to teach myself -- see knitting), and the field trips should be fun.

I am concerned because the last time I took an adult school class, it was at a high school, and the chairs were way too small for the voluptuous likes of me. And this was in 2000. I'm hoping there will just be a counter or something I can sit on or anyway lean against.

You know, I look at myself and though I'm not a small person, I'm also not point-and-stare big. It's funny how many things are still uncomfortable for people my size, though. Oh well... slooooowly working on it.

Speaking of the self-taught knitting, though... I was most irritated at myself. I started a simple lace scarf, then realized the instructions had to be off numerically. No way they could work. Found another pattern in one of my books, and managed to screw it up twice -- once badly, once in such a way that I decided it was a freakin' design feature -- and then, when I thought I had it... I was one stitch short at the end of a pattern row.

I ripped, put my needles down, and went to bed. Note to self: Do not watch The Daily Show or The Colbert Report while trying to knit anything other than garter or stockinette.

No comments: